Baked Fish in Foil
Ingredients:3 pounds whole red snapper fillets or sea bass, cleaned
1 clove garlic (medium), minced
1/4 cup olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 pound shrimp (large), peeled and deveined
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup minced parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. Wash fish, inside and out, under cold running water, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, pepper, thyme, and flour and mix well.
3. Place fish on a double thickness of heavy aluminum foil. In the cavity of the fish, place 1 tablespoon garlic mixture, 4 shrimp, and 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons wine.
4. Dot top of fish with remaining garlic mixture and arrange remaining shrimp and mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and wine, parsley, and lemon peel.
5. Bring the long sides of the foil together over the fish and secure with a double fold. Fold both ends of foil upward several times.
6. Place fish on a cookie sheet bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.