Total Calories: 289
Place a layer of pumpkin, then a layer of apples, in a 2-quart casserole. (The pumpkin or squash will not cook as quickly, so slice it more thinly than the apples.)
Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nuts, and salt; drizzle some over apples and pumpkin. Continue alternating layers and drizzling with butter-and-sugar mixture until all ingredients have been used. Dot with a bit more butter.
Cover casserole and bake at 350° for 45–60 minutes or until pumpkin and apples are tender.
Fun Fact: Top Ten Greatest One-Hit Wonders
A one-hit wonder is a person or act known mainly for only a single success. The term is most often used to describe music performers with only one hit single.
1. Los del Río — “Macarena” (1996)
2. Soft Cell — “Tainted Love” (1982)
3. Dexys Midnight Runners – “Come On Eileen” (1983)
4. Right Said Fred — “I’m Too Sexy” (1992)
5. Toni Basil — “Mickey” (1982)
6. Baha Men — “Who Let the Dogs Out?” (2000)
7. Vanilla Ice — “Ice Ice Baby” (1990)
8. A-ha — “Take On Me” (1985)
9. Gerardo — “Rico Suave” (1990)
10. Nena — “99 Luftballons” (1983)
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.