Total Calories: 56
1. Cover the grape leaves with cold water in a medium-size bowl and let soak for 15 minutes, changing the water two or three times.
2. Drain the grape leaves and blot dry with paper towels. Spread out 8 of the leaves on a work surface. Place a few slices of pastrami in the center of each. Top each portion of pastrami with a slice of cheese, a slice of tomato, a slice of onion, and finally a slice of lemon. Bring the edges of the grape leaf up around the filling. Place a second grape leaf on top and bring the edges down so the filling is entirely covered.
3. Transfer the bundles to a baking sheet or platter, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate while you preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate, Arrange the bundles on the hot grate and grill, turning with a spatula, until the grape leaves brown and the filling is heated through, 4 to 8 minutes in all.
5. Serve immediately, and eat by unwrapping the grape leaves (they are not eaten) and eating the filling with a fork.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.