Total Calories: 800
1. Place the butterflied ribs in a large nonreactive baking dish.
2. Roughly chop the Asian pear, the garlic, and the scallions and combine in a blender with the remaining ingredients for the marinade. Process to a smooth purée. Pour the marinade over the ribs in the baking dish, cover, and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 3 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the butterflied short ribs on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, to taste, 2 to 3 minutes per side (4 to 6 minutes in all) for well done (as Koreans tend to like their short ribs).
5. To eat, cut the meat off the bone of each short rib and wrap it in a romaine lettuce leaf. Dip the beef and lettuce in the dipping sauce and pop it into your mouth. Don’t forget to gnaw on the bone, which may well be the best part of kalbi kui!
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.