Total Calories: 191
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Rinse the fish, inside and out, under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make 3 diagonal slashes, to the bone, in each side of each fish. Season the fish, inside and out (including the side slashes), with salt and pepper and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons oil. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the artichoke salad. Tear the green outer leaves off the artichokes and cut off the ends of the stems using a sharp knife. Cut the artichokes into paper-thin slices, preferably on a mandoline, or by hand. Toss them with the lemon juice in a nonreactive bowl.
4. Add the tomato, basil, chives, garlic, anchovy (if using), and oil to the artichokes and toss gently but thoroughly to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste the mixture should be highly seasoned. Set aside.
5. When ready to cook, brush each fish lightly on both sides with additional oil and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. If you’re worried about the fish sticking, use hinged fish grilling baskets otherwise, oil the grate and place both fish directly on it. Grill until the skin on the first side is dark and crisp and the flesh is cooked through to the bone on that side, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn each fish carefully with a long spatula and cook on the second side until the flesh breaks into firm flakes when pressed with a finger, another 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Using the spatula, carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. Fillet the fish, then spoon the artichoke salad over the fish to serve.
Note: Baby artichokes are available in May and June at Italian markets, specialty greengrocers, and many supermarkets. If you can’t find them, use one 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, prepared according to package directions, then thinly sliced and tossed with lemon juice. In a real pinch, you can use canned artichoke hearts just make sure you rinse and drain them well before slicing.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.