Total Calories: 391
1. Prepare the dressing. Place the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic in a mixing bowl and whisk until the salt is dissolved. Whisk in the oil in a thin stream, followed by the anchovies (if using), capers, and basil. Correct the seasoning, adding salt or vinegar as necessary the dressing should be highly seasoned. Set aside.
2. Place the tuna in a shallow dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, salt, and cracked black peppercorns. Turn the fish a couple of times to coat thoroughly with the marinade and let marinate in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium-size saucepan with lightly salted water to cover. Bring the potatoes to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the water, refresh under cold running water, and drain again. Return the water in the saucepan to a boil. Add the beans and cook in the rapidly boiling water until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain, refresh under cold running water, and drain again.
5. When ready to cook, if using the vegetable grate, preheat it for 5 minutes. Toss the potatoes, green beans, and onion wedges with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables on the hot vegetable grate or grill grate and grill until nicely charred on the outside, 3 to 6 minutes per side, using tongs to turn. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
6. Oil the fish grilling basket (if using) or grill grate. Drain the tuna and place it in the basket or on the hot grate grill until cooked to taste, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut into thin crosswise slices (see Note).
7. Just before serving, mound the mesclun in the center of a large platter and arrange the tomato wedges, beans, potatoes, onion wedges (cut off the bit of root end), hard-cooked eggs, and olives in an attractive pattern around the greens. Fan the tuna slices out over the greens, whisk the dressing, then spoon it over the salad. Garnish with the basil sprigs and serve.
Serves 4 as a light main course
Note: The recipe can be prepared ahead to this point, unless you wish to have the tuna hot. In that case, grill it at the last minute.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.