Total Calories: 50
1. Bring a large sauce pan with at least one quart of water to boil. While the water is coming to a boil, take a lemon zester and zest lemon into thin slices. If one does not have a zester you can use a vegetable peeler and slice some thin slices of the rind of the lemon and then chop finely with a knife.
2. Add broccoli and cook until tender (approximately 1-2 minutes) but still very green.
3. Remove from heat drain the water from the broccoli.
4. Add the butter and stir gently to melt and distribute the butter equally.
5. Add lemon zest and stir gently.
6. Serve with other entrée items, such as chicken or a burger in place of fries.
This Steamed Broccoli with Lemon Zest recipe is from the Cook'n in College Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.