Total Calories: 263
1. Heat olive oil in a 5-quart kettle.
2. Lightly sauté onions and garlic.
3. Add carrots, split peas, cumin, black pepper, barley, water, and soup base.
4. Cover pot and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Just before end of cooking, add celery and cilantro.
6. Turn off heat and add ham.
7. Serve with Apple and Arugula Salad and whole-grain rye bread.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.