Have you ever heard the saying "the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach?" With Father's Day just around the corner, it's time to be planning some food for the gents. Even though we feel like we need to shower dad with gifts, the truth is ... the time you spend with dad making him feel special will be what he remembers. The exception might be giving him that car or truck that he's been dreaming of!
Nothing makes a man feel more like a king than a nice juicy steak grilled to perfection. Grilling a steak is not difficult but does require that you follow a few rules and some tender loving care. As far as the size of the steak, I would rather have quality over quantity any day. The steak doesn't have to take up the whole plate; it just needs to be mouthwatering.
1. Make sure you have an excellent, well-marbled steak. The fat helps with flavor and tenderness.
2. Become friends with the grocery store butcher, they always seem eager to help.
3. Take the steak out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. It will cook better if it is not cold.
4. Pre-heat your grill. This is a good time to invest in a grill thermometer, especially if you feel at all uncomfortable with grilling a steak.
5. Don't flip the steak until you have developed a seared crust (450-650 degrees Fahrenheit). This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes for a 1 inch steak.
6. Don't overcook the steak. It is better to have it undercooked and have to put it back on the grill.
7. After grilling a steak let it set for about 5-10 minutes before serving (place a piece of foil (loosely) over the top to keep it warm. Letting the steak rest ensures the juices have settled into the meat.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.