Cute, Practical, No-Bake Christmas GiftsFor Neighbors
Last year was a very hard year for my family. Among other things, our brand new baby had just been diagnosed with a birth defect and was recovering from neurosurgery at just 8 weeks of age. She was adjusting to her new life in a helmet, which was hard on all of us but particularly on her and this mommy of hers (Three helmets and 9 months later she is out of that stinky thing now - YAY)! We had three other children that we wanted desperately to provide a "normal" Christmas experience for, but some days there just weren't enough hours in the day for appointments, school, and holiday cheer to all fit in!
Through all the stress and trial that last year brought we were surrounded by amazing neighbors and friends that helped us in amazing ways. Meals were provided, encouragement given, baby blankets sewn, gifts given, free babysitting rendered, loving visits made – all for us! Who could ask for more than to be so loved? When Christmas arrived I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and love for those that had so generously shared their time, talents, and means with us that I wanted to be sure to deliver a little gift and note to each of them.
I didn't have time (or energy at that point) to spend a day baking and cooking Christmas treats so I decided to look for practical ideas that would make a cute little "thank you" gift that I could assemble here and there when I had a few minutes between other things, or late at night while kids slept, and that my friends could use again after the holidays were over.
I found so many cute, practical ideas that I wanted to share some with you!
1. We Whisk You A Merry Kissmas – Hershey's Kisses inside a whisk.
2. We couldn't "restrain" ourselves from wishing you a Merry Christmas. – New strainer
3. This Christmas you deserve the best...
...a present unlike all the rest.
We considered a new car or exotic cruise,
but decided on something you could really use!
Finally we found a gift to admire,
we hope you like your new washer and dryer!
(Dish rag and towel)
4. We WASH you a Merry Christmas! ~OR~ Wishing you a holiday season full of peace, joy, and hope SOAP! – Soap
5. We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the holidays! – Drink pitcher and candy canes
6. You're "Dust" the finest neighbors we know! Merry Christmas! – Broom
7. Blot out your troubles; absorb the Christmas Spirit! – Paper Towels or dish towel
8. Wishing you Joy Beyond Measure! – Measuring Cups
9. You add sparkle and make our life brighter! Merry Christmas! - Cleaners
10. Merry Christmas to a Grate Neighbor! – Grater and Cheese
I hope you have enjoyed some of these fun ideas and I wish you a holiday season that is bright, warm, and filled with love!