Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
Recipe from the December 2011 Newsletter
What's not to love here? Delicious!
- 2 graham cracker pie crust, ready made (I do 1 regular and 1 chocolate, a Keebler and an Oreo)
- 1 3/4 quarts dreyer's grand limited edition peppermint ice cream, softened (1 container)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Topping
1.Soften ice cream on counter until "workable" (soft enough to stir in Cool Whip but not too liquid).
2. Mix in full tub of Cool Whip- do not over blend as Cool Whip will become runny.
3. Scoop half of mixture into each of 2 pie crusts.
4. Smooth evenly in crust.
5. Cover with lid, if available, or wrap.
6. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. (Could be less, I don't know as I always do ahead and leave them overnight).
7. Prior to serving, remove cover and smooth any voids (a slightly warm spoon run under warm water works well).
8. Garnish with crushed candy cane or starlight mints, chocolate curls, peppermint bark crumbles, or crushed Candy Cane Roca.December 2010 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.