Beef Brisket and White Beans
Makes enough to use later in the week for a second meal.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 6 1/2 hours
|4||, med onions, , sliced|
|2 wholes||beef brisket about 7.5 pounds each, trimmed of fat|
|1 (15-ounce) can||cannellini beans , , rinsed and drained|
|1 tablespoon||, chopped fresh rosemary|
1. HEAT the oven to 250°F.
2. SCATTER three-quarters of the onions in an extra-large roasting pan with a tight fitting lid. Top with the briskets and cover with the remaining onions. Season well with salt and black pepper.
3. POUR two cups water into the pan, cover, and bake until the brisket shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 7 hours.
4. LET STAND 15 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from pot and discard, reserve onion sauce.
5. COMBINE beans, rosemary, and 3/4 cup of the onion sauce in a saucepan and warm through.
6. SLICE about one-third of the brisket, top with the remaining sauce, and serve with beans.
7. SLICE the remaining brisket into 1-ounce slices and store in zip top plastic storage bag. Store in the refrigerator for use later in the week.