Balsamic and Honey Glazed Salmon with Vegetable Slaw
Prep Time: 15 min, 2 hours marinating
Cook Time: 15 min
|1/3 cup||balsamic vinegar|
|1 tablespoon||grainy mustard|
|1 1/2 tablespoons||white wine|
|1 1/2 tablespoons||honey|
|1/4 teaspoon||seasoned pepper|
|1 tsp||chopped fresh rosemary|
|3 lbs||salmon, filleted|
|2||large carrots, peeled|
|1 tablespoon||rice vinegar|
|3 tablespoons||olive oil|
|1/2 teaspoon||fresh lime juice|
|1 teaspoon||chopped, fresh parsley|
For the Salmon:
1. Place all ingredients, except salmon, in a jar or gravy shaker and blend well.
2. Pour over salmon fillets in a large zippered bag, being sure to squeeze as much air out as you can.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
4. Drain marinade into a bowl and place salmon, skin side down on a baking sheet lined with foil.
5. Grill or bake at 350ºF, basting occasionally until meat thermometer registers 145ºF or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
6. Prepare serving platter by spooning vegetable slaw around the edge.
7. Using a wide spatula, lift fish off the skin and place on slaw lined platter.
For the Slaw
Prepare slaw while salmon is marinating.
1. Cut zucchini into 2 5 inch lengths and cut into julienne pieces. (you can buy peelers or mandolins to do this)
2. Trim ends of peeled carrots, cut in half and julienne.
3. Measure remaining ingredients into a jar or shaker and blend well.
4. Toss slaw with dressing and refrigerate until fish is done.