DESSERTS TO DIE FOR
Oreo Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
By Sydney Hill
Not only is this dessert tasty as can be, but it's colorful, too. Perfect to take to a Thanksgiving party. This desert tasted so good to me, that in the recipe folder I got this from I wrote: "I thought all were amazing. It was like that scene in What About Bob?" If you haven't seen the movie, there's a scene where actor Bill Murray is eating a large variety of dinner dishes and can't stop making the "Mmmmm" noise because he just thought it was all too good. Yeah, I felt like him.
Don't be worried about the intensity of the directions. It can be made pretty easily. There are ways to "cheat" (Buy a pie crust, use bottled lemon juice, use store-bought whipped topping, etc.)
Black-Bottom Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Serving size: 10
Calories per serving: 470
1 (15-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 can cherry pie filling
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons shortening
3-5 tablespoons ice cold water
Oreo Crumb Crust
1 cup finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Stir flour, then spoon lightly into measuring cup. Level.
2. Place flour and salt in mixing bowl. Stir together.
3. Measure shortening and use a pastry blender to cut the shortening into the flour until the shortening is kidney bean sized.
4. Sprinkle in water 1 Tbsp at a time, mixing with your rubber scraper or a large spoon until flour is moistened, and dough almost cleans the sides of the bowl. (the less you handle it, the flakier the crust will be )
5. Gather dough into a ball. Flatten on a lightly floured board, and roll into a large, even circle. Put in a 9 “ glass pie pan, crimp edge and poke with fork.
6. Bake at 450 degrees. Bakes 10 -15 minutes or until golden brown.
Oreo Crumb Crust:
1. Combine cookie crumbs and sugar. Add butter; blend until all crumbs are evenly moist.
2. Pat 3/4 of the mixture over the bottom of a single-crust baked 9-inch pie crust.
3. Use the remaining 1/4 of the mixture to sprinkle on the whipped cream at serving.
1. Soften cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
2. Add milk, slowly, while beating. Add lemon juice, vanilla, and beat well.
3. Pour into crust. Chill and then top with cherry pie filling.
Basic Directions: You will pat most of the Oreo crust into the pie pastry crust. Add cream cheese filling over that, then top with cherry pie filling. Serve with whipped cream and Oreo crumbs.
To Serve: Whip the whipping cream and gradually add 2 Tbsp sugar. Top each slice of pie with whipped cream and chocolate cookie crumbs.
Recipe formatted with the Cook'n Recipe Software from DVO Enterprises.
- Image: http://www.welcomehometaylor.com/.a/6a0154365791ef970c0192ac0bcf27970d-800wi
Weekly Newsletter Contributer since 2012