Total Calories: 604
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the pepper halves on a steamer basket that is set in a pot over an inch or so of water. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pot, and steam about 5 minutes or until the peppers are nearly tender but firm. Remove the peppers and let cool.
3. To make the filling, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the chili powder, cumin, and basil, and continue to sauté another 2 or 3 minutes. Add the black beans, rice, vinegar, chopped tomato, and salt. Mix well and remove from the heat.
4. Fill the pepper halves with the bean mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot.
5. Remove from the oven and top each stuffed pepper with a slice of tomato. Brush the tomato with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano, and place under the broiler for a minute or until the tomatoes are hot and bubbly.
6. Serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.