* How to brew hot tea in a teapot: 1. Preheat your teapot by rinsing it with hot water. This will keep the tea hot during brewing. 2. Heat fresh cold tap water to a rolling boil, (Only boiling water can extract the full flavor from the leaves.) 3. Add 1 teaspoon tea or 1 tea bag per cup of water to your teapot. Pour the boiling water over the tea. 4. Brew only 3 to 5 minutes. Don't judge the strength of the tea by its color. If you prefer a weaker tea, add water after the tea is brewed. How to prepare iced tea:
Just follow the steps for making hot tea, but use 50% more tea to allow for melting ice. For instance, to make 4 cups of hot tea, you'll need 4 tea bags for iced tea, you'll need 6 tea bags to make 4 cups.
To make a pitcher of iced tea, use this easy method:
1. In a saucepan, heat 1 quart of fresh, cold tap water to a full rolling boil.
2. Remove from heat and immediately add 6 tea bags.
3. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Do not refrigerate. Keep at room temperature and pour over ice to serve.
How to prepare cold-water iced tea:
1. Fill a 1-quart pitcher with cold tap water.
2. Add 6 tea bags (remove tags). Cover and let stand in the refrigerator.
3. After at least 8 hours or overnight, remove tea bags, squeezing them against the side of the pitcher.
4. When ready to serve, pour into ice-filled glasses. This recipe makes 1 quart and can easily be doubled.
How to brew "sun" tea:
1. Put 9 tea bags or the equivalent in a gallon jar and fill with cold water.
2. Set outside in the sunshine 3 to 4 hours. Vary number of tea bags and duration of brewing time according to the tea strength you desire. Refrigerate mixture within 5 hours after the start of brewing.
3. For different taste treats, add mint leaves or other spices and brew with the tea.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.