1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans or a 10 inch tube pan with greased parchment or heavy paper.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Cut the gumdrops in fourths. Fry the pecans in the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Mix pecans, raisins, and gumdrops together, and roll in 3/4 cup of flour mixture.
4. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter or margarine and white sugar. Mix in beaten eggs. Mix in the flour and spice mixture alternately with the applesauce. Dissolve soda in hot water, and stir into batter. Stir in the vanilla. Stir in nuts, gumdrops, and raisins.
5. Bake for 2 hours. The baking time for the tube pan should be about 30 to 40 minutes longer. Test about 10 minutes before the longer time. You may not get a clean tester, but you will be able to tell if it is the candy gumdrop or dough. Cool. Wrap in foil.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.