Total Calories: 5,129.5
Yield: 60 cookies
1. Position oven racks to accommodate 2 sheets at a time in the center of oven. Preheat oven to 375°. Coat nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. Mix together oat bran and orange juice in a small bowl and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine applesauce, oil, honey, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and orange rind in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until smooth.
4. Measure flour, soda, and powder into a sifter and sift over applesauce mixture.
5. Add the soaked oat bran and remaining ingredients to the large bowl and mix thoroughly with a strong wooden spoon. Drop by slightly heaping tablespoons 1" apart. (To save time, load cookie sheets up with as many cookies as possible, baking 2 trays at a time. Stagger trays 1 to the left and 1 to the right, to allow air circulation around each outer edge.) Bake until lightly browned or 12 to 14 minutes.
2 Breakfast Cookies
Glass of Skim or Soy Milk
This Breakfast in a Cookie recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.