Total Calories: 1,256.94
1. Mix oats and milk together in a medium size bowl, and let them sit for 5 minutes to give them some extra “soaking” time.
2. In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients (minus nuts) with a fork. Be sure the baking powder is evenly distributed. Add to the soaking oats and stir.
3. Gently mix in eggs and vanilla
4. Slice bananas very thin. Fold bananas and nuts into batter. Heat griddle over medium heat, spray with cooking spray. (It should be hot enough so that when you sprinkle drops of water on the surface, they dance.)
5. Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cooking over medium heat. After spooning the batter onto the pan, give the pan a quick shake to spread the batter out slightly. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
6. Serve with reduced calorie syrup, fruit spread, or applesauce on top, and Homemade Turkey Sausage on the side. Makes approximately 12 pancakes.
Homemade Turkey Sausage
This Banana Oat Pancakes recipe is from the Lickety Split Meals Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.