Total Calories: 121
1. Rinse the fish, inside and out, under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make 4 diagonal slashes, to the bone, in each side of the fish. Season the fish, inside and out (including the side slashes), with salt and pepper. Place the fish in a roasting pan and set aside while you prepare the spice paste.
2. Combine the cumin, curry powder, paprika, oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, scallions, garlic, ginger, and cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth paste. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary the mixture should be highly seasoned.
3. Spoon half the mixture into the cavity and under the gills of the fish. Spread the remaining mixture over the outside of the fish, working it into the slashes in the sides of the fish. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for at least 3 hours, or, for a richer flavor, overnight.
4. Set up the grill for indirect grilling and preheat to high.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Place the fish on the hot grate and cover the grill. Grill the fish until it breaks into firm flakes when pressed with a finger, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Using two long spatulas, carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. At the table, fillet the fish and serve at once.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.