Total Calories: 83
1. Trim the tenderloins of any excess fat and sinew, then cut each crosswise in half. Butterfly each piece according to the directions for 1/4-inch-thick. You will have four 7-inch squares. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Stem and seed the pepper and cut it lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Cut each slice of cheese into 1/4-inch strips. Arrange 4 to 5 strips each of pepper and cheese lengthwise across each piece of pork, alternating pepper and cheese and leaving a 1/2-inch border on each side. Roll up the first piece of the pork to enclose the filling and form a compact cylinder. Tie the roll in several places with butcher’s string or pin it shut with small metal skewers. Assemble the other pamplonas the same way (see Note).
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. When ready to cook, brush the pamplonas lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange them on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the pork is browned on all sides and is cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes in all. When tested with an instant-read meat thermometer, the internal temperature should register at least 160°F.
5. Transfer the pamplonas to a platter and remove the butcher’s string or skewers. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Traditionally the roll would be served whole on a plate, but I like to cut it crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, fanning the slices out on the plate to create a pinwheel effect.
Serves 6 as an appetizer, 4 as an entrée
Note: The pamplonas may be prepared to this point up to 6 hours ahead of time. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate if planning to wait more than 30 minutes.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.