Total Calories: 369
1. Trim the skin, if any, off the fish steaks. Rinse the fish under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the oil, lemon juice, wine, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk until blended and the salt is dissolved. Taste for seasoning, adding salt as necessary the mixture should be highly seasoned. Add the fish and turn to coat. Let marinate, at room temperature, for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Soak the bay leaves in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, break the onion quarters into individual layers. Drain the bay leaves. Remove the fish cubes from the bowl, reserving whatever marinade is left, and thread onto the skewers, placing a piece of onion and a bay leaf between each and dividing evenly. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the kebabs on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the fish cubes are nicely browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side, (8 to 12 minutes in all). As the kebabs cook, baste with any remaining marinade, but not during the last 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the kebabs to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.