Total Calories: 445
1. Thread the pork onto the skewers, 5 to 6 pieces per skewer. Combine 1/3 cup of the soy sauce, the garlic, and shallots in a plate and roll the satés around in the mixture. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 hour, turning the skewers occasionally to ensure even marinating.
2. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Meanwhile, set out 4 dinner plates. On one side of each plate place a mound of diced cucumbers, a small pool of the remaining soy sauce, a small pile of the galangal powder, and a few lime wedges.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the satés on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the meat is nicely browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes in all.
5. To eat, skewer a piece of cucumber on the end of the skewer. Dip the saté first into soy sauce, then into the galangal powder. Squeeze a little lime juice over all, then pop the saté into your mouth. Eat the Shallot Achar (if using) to cleanse the palate between satés.
Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 to 3 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.