Total Calories: 160
1. Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make 2 or 3 deep slashes, to the bone, in the meaty part of each wing. Set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the soy sauces, rice wine, sugar, pepper, and Accent (if using) in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the star anise and cinnamon, then add the wings and turn to coat completely with the marinade. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for at least 8 and as long as 24 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to high if using the rotisserie, medium-high if grilling directly on the grate. When ready to cook, set the rotisserie in place (if using). Remove the wings from the marinade.
4. Rotisserie method: Thread each wing onto the spit, through the excess skin found at the joint. Grill the wings on the spit until the thicker wing sections are no longer pink near the bone, 20 to 30 minutes.
Direct grill method: Oil the grill grate. Arrange the wings on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until cooked as above, 12 to 16 minutes in all.
For both methods: Brush the wings once or twice with sesame oil as they cook.
5. Transfer the wings to a serving platter and serve immediately.
Makes 12 whole wings or about 5 dozen pieces serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.