Total Calories: 176
1. Rinse the wings under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make two or three deep slashes, to the bones, in the meaty part of each wing. Set aside while you prepare thh marinade.
2. Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, lemongrass, and sugar in a mortar and grind to a paste with the pestle. Work in the fish sauce, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Alternatively, process the ingredients in a blender to a smooth puree. Scrape into a large bowl, add the chicken wings, and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for at least 4 hours, but preferabley 24, turning the wings occasionally.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. When ready to cook, drain the chicken wings, reserving the marinade, then thead each wing on a skewer, running the skewer through all three sections to hold it open as widely as possible. Brush the wings on both sides with the remaining oil. Oil the grill grate and arrange the skewers on the hot grate. Grill, turning several times wth tongs, until the thicker wing sections are no longer pink near the bone, 12 to 16 minutes in all. Brush once or twice with the reserved marinade do not brush during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
5. Transfer the chicken to serving platter and sprinkle with the peanuts and cilanto (if using). Serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.