Total Calories: 401
1. Rinse the fish under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes and toss with the salt in a medium-size bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the bell peppers into 1-inch squares and set aside.
2. Prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, pepper, cumin, vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender and process until blended and smooth. Pour this mixture over the fish and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. While the fish marinates, prepare the glaze. Heat the oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the aji amarillo, turmeric (if using), salt and pepper. Gently cook the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon, until red and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool (see Note).
5. When ready to cook, thread the fish cubes onto the skewers, alternating with squares of bell pepper. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the skewers on the hot grate and brush with half of the glaze. Grill, turning with tongs, until the fish cubes are nicely browned on the outside and cooked through in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Brush with the remaining glaze after turning. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Note: You can also simply mix the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl without cooking them. The result will still be very flavorful, but not quite as flavorful as it would be if you cooked them first.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.