Total Calories: 409
1. Trim the skin off the fish steaks. Rinse the fish under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut into 2-inch squares and thread onto the skewers alternately with the peppers, bay leaves, tomato wedges, and lemon slices, dividing all the ingredients evenly among the skewers. Season the kebabs with salt and pepper.
2. Place the kebabs in a large nonreactive baking dish. Combine the oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk to blend, then pour over the kebabs. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Let marinate, at room temperature, for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, remove the kebabs from the baking dish, reserving whatever marinade is left. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the kebabs on the hot grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until the vegetables and swordfish are nicely browned and the fish is opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. As the kebabs cook, baste with any remaining marinade, but not during the last 3 minutes.
5. Transfer the kebabs to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges and strewn with parsley sprigs.
Note: If using bull’s horn peppers, leave whole and stem but do not seed. If using green peppers, stem and seed them, then cut into 2-3 1-inch strips.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.