Total Calories: 385
1. Butterfly the tenderloins, for 1-inch-thick sheets. Then, using the tip of a paring knife, make holes 1/4 inch deep all over each sheet of meat. Place the tenderloins in a large nonreactive baking dish and set aside while you prepare the seasoning.
2. Combine the chiles, scallions, onion, ginger, and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the thyme, allspice, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, salt, and sugar and process to a smooth purée (see Notes).
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread the seasoning mixture over the tenderloins, stuffing it into the holes. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for at least 4 hours, turning the meat several times.
4. If using a charcoal grill, preheat it to medium.
If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in the smoker box and preheat the grill to high when smoke appears, lower the heat to medium.
5. When ready to cook, if using charcoal, toss the wood chips on the coals. Oil the grill grate. Arrange the sheets of pork on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs and brushing occasionally with oil, until nicely browned on both sides and cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes in all. When not turning the meat, keep the grill covered to hold in the smoke.
6. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into thin diagonal slices and serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6
Notes: Jerk pork is usually prepared with the pork fat left on, but you can certainly trim it off, if you wish.
You can make the marinade in a blender if you do, add all the ingredients at once.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.