Total Calories: 131
1. Combine the butter, parsley, garlic (if using), lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning, adding salt or lemon juice as necessary. Place the butter on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a cylinder. Refrigerate the mixture until hard, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
2. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Rinse the salmon fillets under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place the fillets on a cutting board. Holding a thin, sharp knife parallel to the cutting board, cut a pocket about 2 inches long in the center of one side of each piece of fish, stopping about 1/2 inch from the opposite end. Cut the hardened Kiev butter into 4 equal pieces and stuff one piece into the pocket in each piece of fish. Pin each pocket shut with a long toothpick or small skewer, then transfer the fish pieces to a plate and brush on both sides with oil or butter. Season both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. When ready to cook, preheat a fish or vegetable grate (if using) for 5 minutes, then oil it or the grill grate. Arrange the salmon pieces on the hot grate and grill 3 to 6 minutes. Using a long spatula, carefully turn the pieces over and grill until a skewer inserted into a salmon piece comes out very hot to the touch, 3 to 6 minutes longer. If desired, after 2 minutes of grilling on each side, rotate the fish 45 degrees with the spatula to create an attractive crosshatch of grill marks.
5. Using the spatula, carefully transfer the salmon pieces to serving plates or a platter. Remove the toothpicks and serve the salmon immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.