Total Calories: 321
1. To obtain 4 broad sheets of meat about 1/4 inch thick, butterfly the pork according to the directions for butterflying pork tenderloin.
2. Combine the salt and water in a shallow bowl and whisk until the salt is dissolved. Add the pork pieces to the brine, cover, and let marinate for 15 minutes, turning the pieces once or twice to make sure all are equally exposed to the brine. Drain and refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Cut the onion into 8 wedges. Do not trim away the root end on each wedge it will help hold the wedge together as it grills. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the wedges on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely charred on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Trim off the root ends of the onions and transfer them to a small serving bowl stir in the sour orange juice and salt. Let the onions marinate at least 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, arrange the tomatoes and chiles on the grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely charred on all sides, about 8 to 12 minutes in all. The idea is to char the skins without cooking the vegetables through. Transfer the tomatoes and chiles to a plate to cool, 5 minutes.
7. Combine the cooled tomatoes and chiles with the garlic in a blender or food processor and process to a coarse purée. Add the cilantro, sour orange juice, and salt and process just to mix. Transfer the salsa to a serving bowl.
8. Just before serving, oil the grill grate and add 20 fresh coals, if necessary, to bump up the heat. Arrange the pork on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Press the pieces against the grate with the back of a metal spatula to make well-defined grill marks. Transfer the pork to a platter. Place the tortillas on the grate, just to warm, about 20 seconds per side. Serve the pork, accompanied by the grilled pickled onions, salsa, and a basket of warmed tortillas.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.