Total Calories: 119
1. Rinse the fish, inside and out, under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes, to the bone, on each side of each fish. Set aside while you prepare the spice paste.
2. Combine the garlic, cilantro, salt, coriander, and pepper in a mortar and pound to a paste with the pestle, or process in a food processor. Stuff half the spice paste into the slashes in the sides of the fish, dividing evenly, then spread the remainder in the cavities and over the surface of the fish. Arrange the fish in a baking dish. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. While the fish marinate, prepare the basting sauce. Combine the fish sauce, oil, lime juice, and sugar in a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5. When ready to cook, if you’re worried about the fish sticking, use hinged fish grilling baskets otherwise, oil the grill grate and place the fish directly on it. Grill, brushing continuously with the basting sauce, until the skin on the first side is dark and crisp and the flesh is cooked through to the bone on that side, 6 to 10 minutes. Turn each fish carefully with a long spatula and cook on the second side, brushing continuously again with the sauce, until the flesh breaks into firm flakes when pressed with a finger, another 6 to 10 minutes.
6. Using the spatula, carefully transfer the fish to a platter. Bring them to the table, then fillet (if desired) and serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.