Total Calories: 145
1. Rinse the tuna steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them flat in a single layer and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, oil, wine, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth purée. Add the cilantro and pulse just to mix. Pour the mixture over the fish in the baking dish, turning the steaks to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the tuna steaks from the marinade and arrange, facing in the same direction, on the hot grate. If using tuna, grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, turning over carefully with a long spatula (see Note). For an attractive crosshatch of grill marks, rotate the steaks 90 degrees after the first 2 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer the steaks to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: If using swordfish or salmon, cook the steaks until opaque in the center when pierced with a knife, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.