Total Calories: 162
1. Rinse the fish, inside and out, under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes, to the bone, in each side of each fish. Place the fish in a nonreactive baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer and set aside while you prepare the bumboo.
2. Combine the lime juice, water, and salt in a medium-size bowl and whisk until the salt is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the fish in the baking dish, turn once or twice to coat, then cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the spiced butter. Melt the butter in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat, then stir in the lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, shallot, ginger, and turmeric. Simmer until fragrant but not brown, about 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
5. When ready to grill, drain the fish, reserving the bumboo. Brush each fish on both sides with the spiced butter. Generously oil the grill grate and arrange the fish on it. Brush the fish lavishly with the reserved bumboo. Grill until the undersides of the fish are nicely browned, 6 to 10 minutes, brushing with additional spiced butter and bumboo as the fish cook.
6. Using a long spatula, carefully invert each fish onto a banana leaf or foil rectangle. Brush again with spiced butter and continue grilling until the fish are nicely browned on their second sides and the flesh breaks into firm flakes when pressed with a finger, 6 to 10 minutes more brush once more with the butter as the fish finish cooking.
7. Using the spatula, carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. Bring them to the table and fillet, and serve, or serve whole, to be eaten with fingers.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.