Total Calories: 302
1. If using a gas grill: Place the chips in the smoker box. Preheat the grill, gas or charcoal, to high.
2. When ready to cook, if using charcoal, toss the wood chips on the coals. For both methods: Brush the corn, onion, and peppers with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely charred on all sides, 16 to 20 minutes for the bell peppers, 10 to 12 minutes for the onion quarters, and 8 to 12 minutes for the corn. As they cook, baste the vegetables with additional oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, removing the vegetables as they are done to a platter to cool.
3. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and place in a large saucepan. Using a paring knife, scrape the charred skins off the peppers and onions (don’t worry about removing every last bit). Stem and seed the peppers and cut into 1/4-inch dice cut the onion quarters into thin crosswise slices, discarding the roots. Add the peppers and onion to the corn in the saucepan.
4. Stir the diced potatoes, flour, and thyme into the vegetables and cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add the stock and bay leaf and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered, at a gentle simmer until the potatoes are cooked, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
5. Spoon the chowder into bowls, sprinkle with the parsley (if using), and serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6 as a first course
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.