Total Calories: 540
1. Trim the skin off the fish steaks. Rinse the fish under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium-size nonreactive bowl. Set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the coconut milk, oil, garlic, onion, green pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth purée. Add the parsley and blend for 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning, adding salt as necessary the mixture should be highly seasoned. Pour the mixture over the fish cubes in the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours (the longer the better), stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. If using the basting mixture, place the butter in a saucepan and melt over low heat, either on the burner attachment of your grill, if you have one, or on the stovetop. Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat.
5. When ready to cook, break the onion quarters into individual layers. Remove the fish cubes from the marinade and thread onto the skewers, placing a piece of onion and a pepper square between each and dividing evenly. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the kebabs on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the fish cubes are nicely browned on the outside and cooked through in the center, 8 to 12 minutes in all. Brush the kebabs with the garlic butter (if using) during the last minute of cooking.
6. Transfer the kebabs to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.