Total Calories: 333
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Place all of the jar ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the apple juice, and mix well.
3. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Allow to cool completely.
5. Transfer the muesli to the jar or another airtight container, and store in a cool dry place.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Layer the ingredients in the jar as shown below. With the exception of the corn flakes and bran flakes, press each layer firmly with a flat-bottomed object, such as a tart tamper or the bottom of a narrow glass. Make the layers as level as possible.
TOP of the jar
1 1/2 cups corn flakes
1 cup bran flakes
1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the muesli found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.