Total Calories: 739
* "A favorite since Colonial times with raisins, spices and nuts. Wonder where it got its name?" Have Ready: 1. Turn on the oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease baking sheets with a paper towel dipped in shortening.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt in the small mixer bowl. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
4. Combine sugar and butter or margarine in the large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, stopping the mixer and scraping the bowl several times. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times.
5. Add half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed until well mixed. Add all the milk or orange juice and beat well. Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times. On low speed, fold in the raisins and nuts and mix well.
6. Drop one level tablespoonful of dough at a time on the baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Lift with a pancake turner to a wire rack to cool.
8. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
This Hermits recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.