Total Calories: 1,728
* "An all-time favorite. For easy decorating, use tubes of frosting from the grocery store. Ask for a little help when you first start rolling the doughŠkeep dough chilled as recipe says." Have Ready: 1. Lightly grease baking sheets with a paper towel dipped in shortening.
2. Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice and salt in the small mixer bowl. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
3. Combine butter or margarine and sugar in the large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, stopping the mixer and scraping the bowl several times. Add eggs, molasses and vinegar. Beat until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times.
4. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times.
5. Cover the bowl of dough with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours (or place in the freezer for 1 hour-remember to set a timer).
6. When the dough has been chilled, turn on the oven to 350°.
7. Divide the dough into four parts (keep each part in the refrigerator until ready to roll it out). Place one part of the dough on a lightly-floured surface. Rub flour on the rolling pin and roll the dough to about 1/4 -inch thickness. Dip cutters in flour and cut cookies. Lift cookies with a pancake turner to baking sheets, placing cookies 1 inch apart.
8. Press currants or raisins into gingerbread men for eyes, nose and mouth. Use red hot candies for buttons.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies feel slightly firm to the touch. Lift with a pancake turner to a wire rack to cool.
10. Repeat with remaining dough.
11. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
This Gingerbread Cookies recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.