Total Calories: 361
* "These cookies are fun to roll out because they're bumpy! Have an adult remove both ends of the coffee can and flatten the rough edges." Have Ready: 1. Lightly grease baking sheets with a paper towel dipped in shortening.
2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in the small mixer bowl. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
3. Combine sugars, shortening and butter or margarine in the large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, stopping the mixer and scraping the bowl several times. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times.
4. Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times. Add oats and chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6. When the dough has been chilled, turn on the oven to 375°.
7. Divide the dough into two parts (keep one part in the refrigerator until ready to roll it out). Place dough on a lightly-floured surface. Rub flour on the rolling pin and roll the dough to about 1/4 -inch thickness. Dip cutters in flour and cut cookies. Lift cookies with a pancake turner to baking sheets, placing cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Lift with a pancake turner to a wire rack to cool.
9. Repeat with the remaining dough.
10. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Note: These cookies are good with 1/2 cup chopped nuts added with the chocolate chips.
This Giant Chip 'N' Oat Cookies recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.