Total Calories: 926
* "The thin layer of chocolate makes these easy to carry right in the pan. Peanut butter and chocolate are so good togetherŠlike a candy bar." Have Ready: 1. Turn on the oven to 350°.
2. Grease the baking dish with a paper towel dipped in shortening.
3. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in the small mixer bowl. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
4. Combine butter or margarine, brown sugar and peanut butter in the large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, stopping the mixer and scraping the bowl several times.
5. Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until well mixed (the mixture will be crumbly), scraping the bowl several times.
6. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and press firmly with a spatula or your hands.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away slightly from the baking dish. Remove from the oven and place the baking dish on a wire rack to cool.
8. When cooled, use a metal spatula and spread the top with a thin layer of chocolate frosting. Place in the refrigerator about 30 minutes to set the frosting, then cut with a table knife into squares.
9. Store lightly covered in a cool place.
This Favorite Bake Sale Cookies recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.