Total Calories: 947
* "Here's a cookie for maraschino cherry lovers!" Have Ready: 1. Turn on the oven to 375°.
2. Lightly grease baking sheets with a paper towel dipped in shortening.
3. Place the corn flakes between two sheets of waxed paper. Crush with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a small bowl.
4. Combine flour, sugar, butter or margarine, egg, milk, vanilla, baking powder, soda and salt in the large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until well mixed, stoppi ng the mixer and scraping the bowl several times. Add the raisins or dates and nuts and mix well.
5. Drop one level tablespoonful of dough at a time in the crumbs. Roll to coat the dough and place on the baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Press a cherry half on top of each cookie.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Lift with a pancake turner to a wire rack to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
* To easily cut dates, dip sharp knife or kitchen scissors in cup of water whenever the blade becomes sticky.
This Cherry Bull's Eyes recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.