Total Calories: 1,203
* "This is fun to make and break apart in the size you want." Have Ready: * 1. Turn on the oven to 325°. 2. Grease a baking sheet with a paper towel dipped in shortening. 3. Place 1/2 cup almonds in a small bowl for the topping. Place the remaining almonds on a cutting board and coarsely chop with a sharp knife.
4. Combine flour, the chopped nuts, baking powder and salt in the small mixer bowl. Stir with a spoon and set aside.
5. Separate the egg, placing the egg white in a small bowl or custard cup and the egg yolk in the large mixer bowl.
6. Combine the butter or margarine, sugar and almond and vanilla extracts with the egg yolk in the large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well mixed, stopping the mixer and scraping the bowl several times.
7. Add half the flour-nut mixture and beat on low speed. Then add the rest of the flour-nut mixture and beat until well mixed, scraping the bowl several times.
8. Spoon the dough onto the center of the baking sheet. Pat out the dough with your hands or use a metal spatula until the dough is a 13 x 10-inch rectangle or about 1/4 -inch thick.
9. Beat the egg white with a fork or a small wire whisk until bubbly. Brush on top of the dough with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup almonds on top.
10. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place the baking sheet on a wire rack. Gently slide a long metal spatula or pancake turner under the dough to loosen from the pan. When the pan has cooled a little, break cookies into medium-size pieces.
11. When cookies are cooled, store in an airtight container in a cool place.
This Almond Cookie Brittle recipe is from the Cookie Cookbook Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.