Total Calories: 81
1. Drain canned abalone and cut in 1-inch cubes. Reserve liquid. Mince smoked ham.
2. Blend cornstarch and abalone liquid to a paste then stir in soy and oyster sauces.
3. Heat oil. Add abalone stir-fry to heat through (about 1 minute).
4. Then stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken. (Do not cook more than 1 1/2 minutes or the abalone will toughen.) Garnish with minced ham and serve.
NOTE: Save the remainder of the abalone liquid for soup.
* Omit the oyster sauce. Double the quantity of soy sauce.
* In step 2, instead of adding the soy and oyster sauces to the cornstarch paste, add them in step 3, after abalone has been stir-fried 1/2 minute. Then pick up step 4.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.