Total Calories: 293
1. Shell oysters. Cut each bacon strip crosswise in 4 sections. Wrap bacon around each oyster.
2. Beat egg lightly with water then dip wrapped oysters in mixture to coat.
3. Chop onions. In a cup, blend cornstarch, soy sauce and cold stock to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Gently add oysters and brown well on both sides. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm. Pour off and discard bacon fat.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add onions and stir-fry until translucent. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour sauce over oysters and serve.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.