Total Calories: 288
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred bamboo shoots, celery, water chestnuts, snow peas and soaked mushrooms. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root then combine with soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.
4. Beat eggs. Blend in flour and beat vigorously to a smooth batter. Pick over and mince crabmeat then add to batter along with garlic salt and pepper. Blend in well.
5. Heat oil. Drop in crabmeat mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then crushed garlic stir-fry to brown lightly. Add shredded vegetables and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add ginger-soy mixture stir-fry 1 minute more. Then add stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
8. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, sugar, water and remaining soy sauce to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Pour vegetable mixture over crabmeat. Garnish with sprigs of Chinese parsley and serve.
* For the parsley garnish, substitute 1/4 cup mixed nuts, crushed.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.