What You Need:
Assorted hard candies, Jolly Ranchers, mints, and other hard candies
Cookie cutters in holiday shapes
Non-stick cooking spray
Ribbon (for hanging the ornaments)
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Help your child generously spray the cookie cutters with nonstick spray.
3. Help your child wrap the cookie cutters tightly with aluminum foil, leaving the top side uncovered. Place the wrapped cookie cutters on the baking sheet, uncovered side up.
4. Have your child place candies into the cookie cutters in a single layer.
5. Put the cookie cutters in the oven and let them cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the candy is fully melted. Let the candy shapes cool for 4 minutes so they harden slightly.
6. Once the candy has cooled slightly, create a hole in each candy shape by inserting the tapered end of the chopstick into each one where you want the ribbon to go.
7. Let the candy shapes cool completely. Once cool and hard, carefully remove the candy shapes from the cookie cutter and foil.
8. Have your child thread a ribbon through the hole in the ornaments.
Now your "glass" ornaments are ready for hanging! Place them on the Christmas tree, hang them in a window, or suspend them from the ceiling for a breathtaking holiday display.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.