Ingredients:4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
salt to taste
pepper to taste
oregano to taste
1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in frying pan.
2. Dip chicken pieces in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs mixture. Cook until brown on both sides (about 5-7 minutes)
3. In saucepan, heat remaining tbsp. of oil and saute onion until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a simmer
4. Place chicken pieces in baking dish. Pour ¾ of sauce over top. Top with mozzarella and the remaining sauce.
5. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.