Total Calories: 165
1. Place the water in a medium bowl. Add the gluten and 1/2 cup of the flour and stir well with a wooden spoon.
2. Gradually add more flour, a little at a time, until the dough becomes too stiff to stir and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out the dough onto a work surface that has been lightly sprinkled with flour mixture. Knead the dough about 10 minutes, adding as much flour as necessary to make a soft, elastic dough that is not sticky. There will be flour left over.
3. Cover the dough with an inverted mixing bowl and let it rest 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into a thick log, then cut it into four equal pieces. Put three pieces back under the bowl, and leave one out for rolling.
5. Sprinkle the work surface with flour and place the ball of dough on top. With your hands, flatten out the dough to a rectangle of even thickness.
6. Begin rolling out the dough to a thin rectangle, sprinkling it and work surface with flour (as needed) to keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin and the work surface. Continue rolling out the dough, and turning it over frequently, until it is about 8-x-11-inches in size and a little thicker than a sheet of construction paper. Remember to keep sprinkling the dough and your work surface with flour to keep it from sticking.
7. Sprinkle a little flour over the top of the dough and rub it lightly over the surface. Starting at one of the shorter sides, loosely fold the dough over three times. Using a sharp knife, cut the folded dough into 1/2-inch noodles, and then unfold them one by one.
8. Repeat with the remaining dough.
9. Cook the pasta immediately, or let it dry and store for later use.
For a Change . . .
* To make lasagna noodles, simply cut the folded dough into 2-inch-wide strips in Step 4.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.