Total Calories: 112
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
* If using tap water, heat it in a pot on the stove. Do not use hot water directly from the tap.
1. Place the coconut and 1 cup of the water in a blender, and blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Line a colander with 4 layers of damp cheesecloth and place over a bowl. (Wetting the cloth after it is placed in the colander will prevent it from slipping during the next step).
3. Pour the blended coconut mixture in the colander. Gather up the ends of the cheesecloth and twist firmly around the coconut. Press the cloth against the colander while continuing to twist it and extract as much milk as possible into the bowl below. (When you are finished, there should be just about 1/3 cup of coconut pulp left.)
4. Refrigerate the milk in a covered bottle or jar up to three days, or freeze up to three months. The milk will separate upon standing, so shake before using.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.