Total Calories: 892
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Place the bulgur and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
3. While the bulgur is cooking, coarsely grind the pecans in a blender, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Place the tofu and tamari in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to the bowl with the ground pecans, and add the garlic, thyme, sage, and vital wheat gluten. Mix well, then add the cooked bulgur. Stir the ingredients well to form a soft batter.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet and shape into balls. The batter will be very soft, so it is best to use the back of a spoon that has been dipped in water to shape the balls (don’t expect them to be perfectly round).
6. Bake the balls for 30 minutes or until firm and brown. As they bake, heat the Mushroom Wine Sauce in a large pot.
7. When the balls have finished baking, add them to the sauce. Simmer 5 minutes before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.